The holidays and travelling are almost inseparable. In order to spend quality time with family and friends, we have to cross waters and land to see them. And most times that involves air travel. But no matter how excited we are to be taking a trip via air to see our loved ones, there’s one part of us that isn’t so thrilled – our skin.
Today, we are giving you travel beauty tips for the skies as you take trips this holiday. Granted, there’s something about flying to see family and meeting them at the airport. It’s all so exciting. But imagine landing and looking pale, dry and fatigued. That’s a definite no-no.
So take a look at some travel beauty tips we’ve put together to keep your skin hydrated while you enjoy your flight:
- While you’re flying your skin will get really dehydrated. This is because you’re so high up and the air keeps getting circulated. We suggest drinking lots of water. It replenishes what’s been lost and keeps your skin looking plump and healthy.
- If you’re one of those gals who would rather travel with a full face of makeup, this is for you. Have a travel size bottle of facial mist handy to keep your makeup fresh. They also work to absorb sweat and sebum to keep you looking fresh-faced.
- If you’re not too shy, we would also recommend a sheet mask. For some, this might seem like too much, but what better way to relax while you’re 30,000 feet in the air. Open a pack of soothing sheet mask especially meant for hydration, pop it on your face and relax. Let all that moisture soak into your skin for some extra goodness.
Here are some extra travel beauty tips you might find helpful while you travel:
- If you have a small jar or a contact lens case, you can fill it with small amounts of eye cream and moisturizer. These work great for those quick fixes while on the flight.
- Pack a small pack of facial wipes to get rid of sebum if you have oily skin. A few wipes can clear out the surface of your skin to keep it looking healthy and moisturized.
- The night before you travel, make sure to intensely moisturize your skin. It helps keep the skin hydrated during the flight and reduces how many times you need to moisturize.
If these travel beauty tips don’t get you looking hydrated and plump, we don’t know what will. So tell us what tips you use religiously while on a plane. We’d love to hear them!
Featured image via DiscoverNight.com