This is, quite simply, the biggest draw in the horse-racing calendar – the glitziest and most prestigious occasion in the sport, with the highest prize-money purse to boot. On this exclusive trip to Dubai, Mail on Sunday readers will join the world’s greatest jockeys and thoroughbreds for the Dubai World Cup at the Meydan racecourse, and enjoy full hospitality, plus tickets to the after-race show and fireworks.
In addition to your premium seat in the astonishing mile-long grandstand, you will also have the chance to meet two of the world’s great jockeys – Frankie Dettori and Jim Crowley – while famous names from the racing world will also join you at your table during a special breakfast event.
But this trip is not just about the racing. You will have time to enjoy Dubai’s many attractions, from the incredible shopping malls and pristine beaches to the stunning sand dunes beyond the city. And you will stay at the luxurious J W Marriott Marquis, one of the world’s tallest hotels.
The sport of kings: Action from the Dubai World Cup
Spectacular: The luxurious J W Marriott Marquis hotel is one of the world’s tallest hotels
MEET OUR SPECIAL GUESTS
You will be joined by Frankie (above)
Italian-born Frankie is one of the greatest jockeys of all time. Among his many achievements, he rode more than 100 winners in a season while still a teenager. Perhaps his crowning glory was riding all seven winners on a single day at Ascot in 1996. He has steered three horses to victory at the Dubai World Cup: Dubai Millennium (2000), Moon Ballad (2003), and Electrocutionist (2006), which are all from the Godolphin stable.
Jim is one of Britain’s best-known and successful riders, and was crowned champion jockey in 2016.
REASONS TO BOOK
Meet Frankie Dettori and Jim Crowley
Dubai World Cup race day is the region’s biggest sporting and social occasion. The racing is of the highest quality, featuring nine races and a total prize money of $35 million – about £26.5 million. You will enjoy gallery hospitality, with unlimited food and drink, a seat in the stands and signed memorabilia. On the eve of the race, you will attend a special party with Frankie Dettori and Jim Crowley, two outstanding jockeys of their generation, who will offer some memorable insights and anecdotes.
Stay in the one of the world’s tallest hotels
Dubai is bulging with superlatives. Whether it’s the world’s tallest building, largest shopping mall or most expensive horse race, expect to find it here in the UAE’s most glamorous city.
You will also be staying in one of the world’s tallest hotels, the five-star J W Marriott Marquis.
Traditional dhow cruise
In an exclusive offer for Mail on Sunday readers, you will enjoy a wonderful evening on a traditional dhow, enjoying dinner on board as you sail along Dubai Creek.
Breakfast with the Stars
A host of famous racing names will join you for a lavish breakfast event hosted by broadcaster Rishi Persad**. Get fascinating insights into the race meeting as you watch the horses work out. You will also hear stories and analysis from former champion jockeys during this star-studded event.
See the best of Dubai
You will have plenty of time away from the racing to unwind in the spa, relax by the pool, indulge in retail therapy or enjoy the comforts of your five-star hotel. You will also have the option to join a celebrity golf day, enjoy a sundowner safari amid the dunes, and to extend your holiday if you wish.
- Return flights from London. Other airports available.
- Airport transfers.
- Four nights’ B&B at the J W Marriott Marquis.
- Breakfast with the Stars event at Meydan, with transfers.
- A dhow dinner cruise.
- Invitation to exclusive pre-race drinks (Friday evening).
- Gallery Hospitality and return transfers to the Dubai World Cup, right, with all food and drink included, as well as seats.
- Signed photograph of Frankie Dettori.
- Onsite staff for your entire trip.
- Optional excursions include a celebrity golf day (£150pp) and sundowner safari (£75pp).
HOW TO BOOK
The dates: March 26-31, 2019.
The price: £1,595pp*.
Call 0808 252 4390, quoting reference TMOS DETTORI. To find out more, visit mailtravel.co.uk/dubaiworldcup.
* Based on two people sharing. Subject to availability. Single supplement: £360. Deposit: £200. Price based on flights from Gatwick. Other airports available – please call for prices. ** Famous racing names attending the Breakfast with the Stars may be subject to change. Our travel partner, Racing Breaks, is ABTA-bonded and this trip is ATOL-protected. For full terms and conditions, go to mailtravel.co.uk/dubaiworldcup.